- Pastors and church leaders must beware of two dangerous sins.
- The first is greed for money. 1 Tim. 3:3,8; Tit. 1:7.
- The N.T. standard for those who oversee God’s work is to receive adequate support from the church. Lk. 10:7; 1 Cor. 9:14; 1 Tim. 5:17.
- To be content with basic and necessary provisions for themselves and their families.
- No minister ought to make himself rich from God’s work.
- Those who fall into this temptation open themselves up to sins of greed, compromise, and theft.
- The second sin is a desire for power. Wanting to dominate those whom they are to serve.
PRAYER: Father, may I not compromise Your Word, righteous standards, and kingdom principles, for the sake of money. May I be to the brethren in devotion to Christ, humble service perseverance in righteousness, and love for the Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Have a Wonderful Wednesday. Good morning. Shalom!
God bless you always and in all ways.